Back To Splints & Neurological
Core Stability Shorts
Core Stability Shorts are prescribed for high functioning clients with mild pelvic weakness, instability and reduced sensory awareness. These splints provide improved posture, control and stability to the pelvis and are designed to improve specific skills for each individual client.
Core Stability Shorts are designed to improve or maintain:
- Standing skills - independent or with the least assistance possible
- Stepping or mobility skills - independent or using mobility aid with the least assistance possible. These splints are only prescribed to those clients who have already at least acquired basic independent mobility skills
- Ability to transfer from sitting to standing - both independently and assisted
- Gait pattern, stability, balance, confidence and endurance in mobility
Design options available include:
- Individual directional lines of pull for hip positioning and improved pelvic tilt
- Support of herniation or weak abdominal wall
- Abduction or adduction directional line of pull for thighs
Do not hesitate to contact us to discuss our stability shorts.