Back To Splints & Neurological
Postural Splints are designed to address significant postural, spinal and pelvic asymmetry associated with scoliosis, kyphosis, lordosis and spinal tortion. These splints provide improved postural symmetry and stability at the trunk, pelvis and shoulder girdles, in addition to improved spinal alignment.
Postural Splints are designed to improve or maintain:
- Ease of handling and transferring for family, carers, school team and therapists
- Sitting posture and symmetry
- Skin integrity in joint and body creases which are at risk of skin breakdown
- Head control for communication and access to technology
- Sitting tolerance in and out of equipment.
- Post surgical care
Design options available include:
- Flexible trunk boning, shaped on an individual basis
- Sculptured moulds for severe scoliosis and lordosis, to enhance postural correction and protect fragile skin
- Closed pubis or fly front for toileting and nappy changing
- Separate arm components for one or both arms
- Shaped pouch to ensure comfort of access for PEG site, baclofen pump, deep brain stimulator, tracheotomy, ileostomy, colostomy
- Customised zip design for catheter use, chronic reflux
Do not hesitate to contact us to discuss our Postural Splints.