For over 30 years, Second Skin has been a leader in the prescription, design and manufacture of custom-made dynamic splints and compression garments for clients with a range of neurological, medical and traumatic conditions.
We proudly work with health care providers, clients and their families to deliver the best products and services and empower our clients to be the best they can be.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to join our busy team in Greenslopes, Brisbane. Our services include the assessment, prescription and manufacture of custom-made dynamic splints for paediatric, adolescent and adult clients with neurological and medical conditions and custom-made compression garments for clients with trauma, burns, lymphedema and vascular conditions.
We are looking for an individual who is flexible, innovative, passionate about delivering exceptional client care and has a focus on continuous improvement. The role has a strong emphasis on clinical reasoning, assessment skills and a client centred approach and is not a sales-based position.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and alongside the therapy, design and production teams and the role will be assisted by dedicated administrative support. You will have the opportunity for professional development, including in-house training and supervision as well as support to attend relevant CPD activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a clinical caseload, assessing, measuring, prescribing, fitting and reviewing custom-made dynamic splints for neurological conditions and compression garments for burns, trauma and lymphoedema clients
- Working closely with the Clinic Coordinators to plan and organise client clinics
- Providing consultative and educational support to health care professionals
Work hours & benefits:
- Generous base salary dependent on experience
- 40 hours a week with one rostered day off a month
- Additional daily clinic attendance allowance for overnight stays
- Professional development allowance
- Opportunity to be involved in research
- Working with a close, dedicated and ambitious clinical team
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applied science in Occupational Therapy
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Experience working with paediatric and/or adult clients with neurological conditions
- An interest in developing skills working with lymphoedema, burns, traumatic injuries, vascular conditions and other medical needs
- Demonstrated strong team-work, and excellent communication skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and willingness to learn and develop new skills
- An ability to travel intrastate and interstate
- Current driver’s license
- Professional registration
- Working with Children check or similar
- Have the right to work in the Australia (opportunity for sponsorship of overseas therapists)
To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter, including references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Cathy Harries, Principal Therapist, on 0406 381 648 or at email@example.com