Neurological Splinting Service
Second Skin conducts dynamic splinting clinics in Australia, UK, Ireland and New Zealand. You are welcome to refer yourself, your client or family member to one of our clinics.
Neurological Splinting Clinic Process
- Complete the referral form and upload your video/photographs.
- Second Skin will provide a written report of recommendations including costings for your consideration.
- We will confirm an initial assessment appointment where the client will be assessed and measured for their splint.
- The client's splint(s) will be fitted 6 - 8 weeks after their initial assessment appointment.
- Within three (3) weeks after the fitting, the client/family will be contacted by SMS or telephone call to monitor progress.
- Six (6) months after initial assessment or reassessment we will review the client's progress at clinic and ensure the splint is continuing to fit well.
- Our therapists will provide a written report of progress to the primary therapist or doctor with recommendations for ongoing splinting where required.
- Approximately twelve (12) months after their initial assessment, clients are booked in for a reassessment appointment at our clinic.
Adjustments for Growth and Weight Gain
Unique to Second Skin, our Body and Postural splints can be released for growth and weight gain during the life of the splint. This feature is built-in to our splints.